Board Certified Behavior Analyst with over 30 years of experience designing learning environments for persons with autism and development disabilities.
The Carbone Clinic in the UK provides consulting services to schools, centre-based programs and to children in home-based programs through supervision of therapists chosen by the family. Our clinic based in New York and Boston have been providing quality Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) services to persons with autism and related disabilities for many years. In 2013, we opened a centre-based clinic located in Dubai Healthcare City, Dubai, United Arab Emirates and in 2017 we opened a consulting clinic for Europe based in the UK.
Our mission is to provide evidence-based behaviour analytic services to learners with autism and other developmental disabilities through consultation services. We accomplish this by ensuring that the learner’s progress occurs through the arrangement of teaching environments which are positive and designed to allow the learner to continue to develop language and other skills in typical community and family settings.
- Every learner has the potential to develop skills beyond their current level and should be free of behaviors and activities that cause injury, pain, or limit opportunities for full community involvement.
- Communication skills and other skills that lead to rewarding personal relationships, well-being, vocational productivity, and self-determined daily activities should be targeted.
- Reliance on the evidenced-based literature of the science of applied behavior analysis and its underlying assumptions will lead to the best possible learner outcomes.
- Functional communication is the foundation that supports the development of skills in all areas and therefore B.F. Skinner’s analysis of verbal behavior and the supporting empirical work informs our treatment and instructional recommendations.
- Reliable data which are gathered and analyzed on a schedule sufficient to make informed decisions is necessary to achieve the best outcomes for our learners.
Information About our Services
Many people frequently ask what the early signs of autism are. In this video Dr. Vincent Carbone, Director of The Carbone Clinic, highlights five early markers in children which may indicate the development of an autism spectrum disorder: YouTube video Early Signs of Autism.
What is the difference between an autism diagnosis and an autism assessment? In this video Dr. Carbone explains the differences: YouTube video Autism Diagnosis and Autism Assessment.
What can parents do after the diagnosis of autism? In this video Dr. Carbone explains the importance of an Early Intensive Behavioural Intervention: YouTube video What Parents Can Do After Diagnosis of Autism.
Please e-mail us on Info@CarboneClinic.co.uk to arrange a time for us to call you. Please visit our Facebook site and our YouTube channel for more information on The Carbone Clinic and resources on autism.